Friday, November 30, 2012

Howdy!

Within the last week, there have been noticeable changes which will hopefully translate to photographic proof on picture day tomorrow.  Aside from literally touching my face, I can’t quite put my finger on what has exactly changed above my neck.  There are definite changes for the better, but as for the metrics and such, I sadly did not keep measurements of things such as total cheek volume or eyebrow buoyancy or any angles of any kind.  I am sadly lax in that regard.  Luckily, I do have some hundreds of pictures, and I think some rudimentary measurements can probably be derived from those.  Excepting for buoyancy, obviously.  We may never know if my eyebrows float any better or worse than previous.

You know, at the right angle and in the right conditions, floating is a lot like flying, at least from the observer’s vantage.  Sometimes, in those particular conditions, it’s hard to tell if an object is floating in air or flying through fluid.  The traditional definitions aren’t always adequate at these angles, and it’s hard to tell the difference.  Or even care.  From below, hundreds of vessels spinning in a tight circle doesn’t really mean too much.  From down there, looking skyward at the motion above, even picking out one portion of the moving whole is impossible.  The constant velocity and the limited availability of good light in this environment means the single is the complete and vice versa.  No one part can be separated, and each of the objects above becomes meaningless.  Each piece of the movement above becomes only a fraction of a radian.  Were the complete circle to come to a stop, or even slow slightly, each part of the motion that is intuitively known but unable to be isolated then becomes its own whole.  The circle would be no more because each piece of angle discontinued its role in that situation.  Each of those would then abandon their part above.  Maybe they would continue to be buoyant on their own.  Maybe the only thing that kept them so far above was their perpetual circular motion as a whole.  In which case, being below as an observer to the whole still trying to tell the difference between floating and flying becomes a pretty dangerous place to be.

Speaking of fluid dynamics, why is suddenly all of my skins quite dry?  For whatever unknown reason to me, lotion is becoming increasingly important.  Where is my water going?  Either way, despite the dryness of skins, I am still increasing in overall skin softness.  This softness has led to several awkward moments, most of which end with curious looks sent my way by inquisitive folks around me.  Little do they know they are welcome to join in the festivities.

Anyway, the seemingly accelerating rate of change is comforting.  For a while, I was almost curious if I was given placebos at the pharmacy as a sort of weird joke.  However, with all of the obvious changes both inside and outside, these pills seem to be the real deal.  Not sure how I’m going to feel when the changes sort of slow down.  I do have several years, yet, though so I don’t fret too often.  I suppose at that point I will be exhausted from it all and probably need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment