Monday, January 21, 2013

Success!


So, was it the grilled cheese sandwich that brought a weird boy to us at the restaurant yesterday, or was it boobs?  I mean, my grilled cheese sandwich did have four types of cheese as well as fancy ham and bacon, so that could have been the reason this tall dude came over and started talking to me.  Come to think of it, my sandwich was consumed to the extent I desired at that time, so maybe it was the crust of the bread that made this guy think, ‘hey, I should go talk to her about her hoodie.’  Do guys like the undesirable portions of a girl’s near finished sandwich so much that a reasonable way to get to those crispy scraps seems to be talking about her hoodie in such a way that if he were to stare any harder, her breasts would catch fire?

Regardless of whether or not this dude wanted what was left of my delicious sandwich, that was not the only thing he was after.  I did catch on to his ‘clever’ plan and after verification by my lovely assistant it was indeed true that he most likely did have impure motives.  Mind you, all of this after I had spent most of my waking hours that day feeling really bad for myself.  I’m just sitting there, trying not to be noticed so I can go home and hide under blankets when this guy comes up and starts chatting me up.

It was kind of cute, actually.  He wasn’t really, but that’s besides the point.  I did feel really good about my progress right then.  Barring him being a chaser (possible, but unlikely), he was totally under the impression I was a girl.  He had no idea about my past or anything.  I was, for the first time, on the receiving end of Pickup Tactic #5 (note article of clothing, converse concerning article, direct attention to article, expound on topic, continue to Introduction Tactic #1, #3, or #6 as deemed required).  He saw me as a girl, approached, and began the process.  I have seen boys do this to girls before, but being on the receiving end was different and enlightening.

Here I was, feeling not great about my appearance or voice, and then suddenly I was seen, identified, and interacted with as a girl.  This was rather disarming (which is part of Pickup Tactic #5, of course), so I only thought of witty things to say well after the fact.  Either way, that was unique.  It was kind of interesting to have a guy come up and start hitting on me, though.  I did feel better about myself after that, but I do kind of wish he had been a bit more attractive.  That is a rather unimportant thing to note, but I’m going to leave it there.  Do with that what you will.

Later that evening, a very kind young lass complimented me on my butt pretty much at random.  It was very unexpected, and my reaction wasn’t to be suddenly interested or excited like I might have been back in the Dark Ages, it was to say ‘thanks’ and really mean it.  Seriously, someone says something nice about a boy’s physical features and that boy gets Ideas.  Me, I’m just happy folks are noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment