Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Intro Poast!


“It’s like being homesick for somewhere you’ve never been.”

That was a description-in-a-nutshell about someone’s experience with gender dysphoria.  I thought it was beautiful and absolutely 100% accurate.  So, let that explain the name of the blog here.  If you look real close at the address of this, you’ll see ‘sparkle butterfly princess’ all squished together.  It seemed appropriately fitting, but not so much that I actually want a sparkly butterfly with a tiara for Christmas.

Anyway, presumably you know who I am.  This is for friends and family to sort of keep track of me.  That is often a secondary goal, because there will most likely be times I’m just writing for myself.  I’m not going to tailor this to any particular person at all, and most importantly, I very much intend to be honest to a fault.  For those among you with delicate sensibilities, there won’t be any warning before I say words such as penis, breasts, and the like.  I know some folks are bothered by it, but if I censor one thing, it just keeps going until I’m writing Care Bear fan fiction, you know.

This is, I’m hoping, going to be very honest insight into the process of transitioning from male to female, gender dysphoria, and the practical aspects of the whole thing.  The nuts and bolts, if you will.

I have a fair bit of stuff already written up, which I’ll be sort of posting after the fact.  Of course, I am on day five right now, so I don’t have that much stuff already up, but I trust it will at least be interesting.  I would ask that, if you read something that you think is worrisome or concerning or scary, don’t post here and ask if I am ok.  If I am actually not doing well, people will know.  Otherwise, pretend whatever was concerning was a joke and move on.  Humor is so important in this day and age.

Also, no empty platitudes.  They just make me cranky.

We’ll make a deal.  I’ll try and put away any shame I might have, if you are not excessively reactionary to take things too seriously.

Anyway, up to now, here’s the scoop.  I am on day five, as I said.  I have taken the estradiol (estrogen) and the spironolactone (testosterone blocker) this morning, as well as a 81mg aspirin.  I am sitting here in fun knee high socks, boring boy pants, underwear x2 that came from the other side of the store than I used to shop, the shirt with the most pink on it I have (which is more or less an accident I chose this one this morning), and a hoodie-sans-hood that helps cover things up and looks really nice.  The hoodie-sans-hood came from the boy side of the store, but totally looks like a girl hoodie-sans-hood.  Of course, it is European, so that might explain a bit.

I’ll update a bit later for the day.  First, I’ll get up what I have written so far in my secret document folder.  But even before that, I gots to run to the poop coop.  Fun fact: the spironolactone is a mild diuretic, and I need to tinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment